EDUCATION INITIATIVEWe believe that knowledge is power. We are on a mission to educate the public about cancer prevention and steps that we can take as individuals to protect ourselves from exposure to toxins in our environment.
Student Creative Arts Contests
The arts – whether drawings, photography, writings, or performance – are creative means to communicate inner responses to things we learn, hear, see, and feel. They allow us to share a part of ourselves with others and serve as outlets of thoughts and emotions.
Find The Cause Creative Arts Contests are oriented towards two key goals:
1) educating students in grades 4 – 8 about toxins in our environment and how to live a healthier life; and
2) providing an opportunity for these students to artistically express their thoughts about what they’ve learned for themselves and/or their feelings about experiences they may have had with someone who has had cancer.
Each year, students in these grades can win cash prizes and more by submitting original works of art that relate to cancer prevention, healthy lifestyles, and/or the impact of someone’s cancer diagnosis on their lives.
Easy to understand infographics will provide background information for the kids.
Lunch and Learn Presentations
Find The Cause will work with you to deliver a fact-filled presentation to your employees or other groups of people at your choice of location. A representative of our organization and perhaps a scientist from our “Investing in Prevention” consortium, will lead a discussion on:
- How our bodies are impacted by environmental toxins
- Steps we can take to protect ourselves
- How Find The Cause is funding the science that will lead to a safer world for future generations.
Learn about common toxins in our environment, how we are exposed to them,
what the health effects are, what you can do to protect yourself, and
what Find The Cause is doing to create a safer world for future generations.